PA Foundation Party for a Purpose: PAs Got Talent!
Terms & Conditions
1. PAs Got Talent! (“the Contest”) is open to all PAs or PA students (must be at least 18 years of age to participate) (“the Contestants”).
2. Contest will be run by the PA Foundation (“we” or “our” throughout Terms &Conditions).
3. By entering the Contest, Contestants accept these Terms and Conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the Contest which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to Contestants in any other way (“Contest Information”). Such Contest Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any Contest Information.
4. We may cancel or amend the Contest, Contest Information, or these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Contest Information or these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on April 20, 2021.
5. Our decision in all matters with regard to the Content provided voluntarily will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Employees, trustees, and board members and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter the Contest:
(a) AAPA and the PA Foundation
(e) Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a program to which the Contest relates.
7. The Contest opens on March 8, 2021. The closing time and date for receipt of Round I entries is April 11.
8. Contestants are free to submit as many individual entries as they wish.
9. Entries are moderated by the PA Foundation. We reserve the right to remove any entry deemed inappropriate by the leadership of the organization.
10. Each entry will be hosted on the Contest website and eligible to receive votes.
11. The 15 entries with the most votes at the close of the first round of voting will advance to the second round.
12. To enter the Contest, Contestants must do the following:
a) Register an account and upload and submit their video entry. Video files created using most digital cameras, camcorders and mobile phones such as in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats, are accepted.
b) Read and accept the terms and conditions and provide additional contact details so we can contact you if you are selected as a Finalist. Your details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
13. A Contestant’s video entries must be entirely original to the Contestant, feature only the Contestant’s voice or voices (if a group) and not include the voices or other sounds made by third parties/people.
14. Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered.
15. Entries will not be complete until Contestants have uploaded their video entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to disqualify entries submitted and/or finalized after the Contest has closed.
16. The Contestant must keep a digital or hard copy of their video entry. If required, Contestants must supply the original recording of their video entry for use in connection with the Contest, including (but not limited to) for potential broadcast online or transmission by any electronic means.
17. All video entries will be subject to moderation. We and/or our agents have absolute discretion to accept or reject any video entry and to remove any video entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. We may in particular refuse to upload any video entry for the following reasons:
(a) inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
(b) inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorizations.
c) breach of these Terms and Conditions
18. By entering the Contest, Contestants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Contestants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their video entries which must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
19. By entering the Contest, Contestants understand and agree that:
(a) the Contestants grant us a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable and transferable license which shall be exclusive for worldwide broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their entries for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with (i) any Program produced in relation to the Contest or containing any information in relation to the Contest, including, without limitation, promotion and redistributing part or all of any such Program (and derivative works thereof), and (ii) our internet websites, wireless applications, interactive television, video on demand and any other media or technology (including, without limitation, internet protocol, wireless or interactive platforms or interfaces) through which we distribute content to end users, whether now existing or hereafter developed in any and all media formats and through any and all media distribution and advertising and promotional purposes, without accounting, notification, credit, payment, or other obligation to Contestants. For the avoidance of doubt, these rights include, without limitation, the absolute right to edit and/or alter any entry, distribute and synchronize all or any portion of any entry in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of any entry; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of any entry; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of any entry; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of any entry; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of any entry in order to host, store, index, categorize and display entries on or through the Platforms. We reserve the right to use (or not use) Contestants’ entries at all and/or as little of the entry as we so choose;
(b) the Contestants indemnify the Competition Parties (defined below) from any claim in respect of their entry;
(c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Contestants unconditionally give us their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their entries, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights you they may have in and/or in relation to their entries.
20. None of our employees, officers, servants, agents or any other party or organization involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Contest, or entry, or implementation of any prize (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Contest or any prize) (together the “Contest Parties”) will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside our control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by us.
21. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, may be void.
22. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the Contest, or the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision we make shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. We will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Contest.
24. We reserve the right to disqualify any Contestants and/or entries which we believe have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any Contestant found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
Semi-Finalists and Finalists
25. The public will be invited to vote for Contestant entries through purchased votes (donation to the PA Foundation). Round one votes will be collected through April 23, 2021.
26. Fifteen entries will be selected to move to the second round based upon the number of votes. Entries moving to the second round will be “Semi-finalists” and will be notified of their advancement to the second round of voting. Votes from round one do not carry forward to round two.
27. Only the semi-finalists will be notified and provided an opportunity to submit a second video if so desired. Round two voting will begin April 29 and close on May 12.
28. At the close of the second round, the six entries with the highest votes will advance to the final round (virtual Finale), which will be held on May 25, 2021. Votes from round two do not carry forward to the final round.
29. Finalists will submit a final video for the virtual Finale (video must be uploaded by May 18, 2021), which will be broadcast live on the AAPA 2021 platform.
30. Only event ticket holders (Party for a Purpose: PAs Got Talent!) may vote in the final round.
31. Finalists agree to participate in the live virtual broadcast by way of remote interview and may be invited to participate in a rehearsal.
32. The Semi-finalists’ and Finalists’ first names and surnames may be published.
33. We reserve the right to select an alternative Finalist in the event that a Finalist is unable to be contacted, or no response is received.
34. Finalists will incur no travel or expenses to participate in the Finale.
Public Vote / Overall engagement
35. The Public will then be invited to vote for their favorite entry (“the Public Vote”).
Voting occurs as follows:
- You may vote online once every 12 hours. Voting is $5/vote with a two-vote minimum.
- The system also counts the unique votes (to counter vote fraud) (not shown on the front end)
- Votes will show as stars on the contestant’s entry page.
NOTE: When placing votes, participants may be subject to standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on a mobile phone.
36.We reserve the right to disallow votes if there are reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (ie. more votes than a human being could possibly submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated votes). We reserve the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
37. The Finalist who receives the highest number of votes in the final round will be the overall Contest winner. Votes from previous rounds do not carry forward into the final round. There will be prizes for first prize, a runner-up, second runner-up and third runner-up.
38. In the event of an equal number of votes, all tied Finalists will be determined by run-off vote, during the live broadcast.
39. We will take all reasonable steps to contact the winner using the details provided by the Finalist when they entered the competition but in the event of any failure to do so, or a Finalist’s failure to respond within 48 hours of the results of the Public Vote being determined, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner from the Finalists.
40. The winner must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by us. In the event that the winner is not available when required, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner.
41. Prizes are set as follows:
• Winner: $500 gift card
• First runner-up: $250 gift card
• Second runner-up: $150 gift card
• Third runner-up: $75 gift card
42. The winners acknowledge that the prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for or any other value or consideration.
43. We may in our sole discretion refuse to provide a Prize, or seek recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or a Contestant's breach of these Terms and Conditions, fraud, dishonesty, or other inappropriate or improper conduct.
Data Protection and Publicity
44. The first names and surnames of the Finalists put through to the Public Vote and the Contest winner may be available from the date the various Finalists are selected for a minimum period of three months.
45. We may exercise sole discretion to use all Finalists’ names, City/state, practice area, images, and their comments relating to the Prize and Contest experience for promotion of the Prize, this Contest, or the Contest Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
46. The information Contestants supply in connection with the Contest (including their personal details):
(a) may be included in a database compiled for the Contest and will be used for the purposes of contacting Finalists;
(b) may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any program produced in connection with the Contest; and
(c) will not be supplied to third parties other than as is reasonably necessary to contact Finalists and administer the Contest.
47. Any personal information provided by the Contestants, will only be used by us in accordance with our Privacy Statement at pa-foundation.org which is accessible for the purposes of the Contest and other online affairs of the PA Foundation, or as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions.
48. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Contest Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, none of the Contest Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Contestant entering the Contest or as a result of accepting the Prize. None of the Contest Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
49. None of the Contest Parties promise that the services relating to the Contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Contest Party. We will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
50. In the event that any Contestant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information, we shall be entitled at our sole discretion to disqualify such Contestant, without any further liability to such Contestant. In these circumstances, any prize won by the Contestant may be forfeited. All Contestants must comply with any directions given by any Contest Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable.
51. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
52. These Terms and Conditions and the Contest Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws the Commonwealth of Virginia.
53. Questions regarding the contest may be sent to email@example.com.